Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Sending Sunshine

We had such a great holiday weekend and I want to document it all,  but first I want to
share this inexpensive way to send a little box of cheer to someone. 
 
And then, I thought I might ask you for a favor. 
 
 
 
 
I saw something similiar on Pinterest.  I'm not sure what was in their bag, but I
thought I would share what I put in mine.
I found the fun yellow box at A.C. Moore for $3.00.  It's not very big, so
I filled it with smaller yellow items I found here and there.
 
Anyway, does it really matter what's in the box?  We all know it's the thought that counts.
 
 
I'm sending this box to my Aunt Bonnie.  She found out last week that she has
breast cancer....again.  She had it eleven or twelve years ago and beat it.  Now, she has it
on the other side.  My Aunt has always been like a second mom to me...and as I've gotten
older, she has become a great friend.  She means the world to me....
and I feel terrible that I'm not able to physically be there for her. 
 
 
Bonnie meets with her surgeon tomorrow afternoon to find out the extent of the
cancer (I hate typing that word) and what her options are.  After she has
all the information, I believe she will get a second opinion. 
Bonnie is one of the strongest women I know...and she will get through this again.
 
If you could say a prayer for my aunt...I would SO appreciate it!
 
Thanks!



10 comments:

Holly said...

Praying for her now... and for you too. Your gift is just perfect and beautiful. It gave me a smile-- and its not even for me!!

yaya said...

I'm so sorry your Aunt has to go through this again...for sure I'll say prayers for her. I love your box of sunshine. It's a thoughtful gift and since my Mom is also recouping I will steal this idea and send her some "sunshine" too! Hugs to you and your Aunt.

Jen said...

Prayers for your sweet aunt. Love your box of sunshine!

Cindy said...

Sending positive thoughts and prayers for strength and courage your way -- that box of sunshine will definitely lift her spirits!!

Nicolle said...

Praying for your aunt, and sending you a big hug too Kerri.
I think Karina did a yellow box of sunshine once...you might check with her.
xo

Kris said...

Oh Kerri, I am so sorry to hear about your Auntie. I will be praying for her. Her box of sunshine will no doubt, lift her spirits!
xo Kris

jen said...

Prayers from AZ. Help your family find the strength to weather this storm.

Susan R said...

So sorry to hear about your auntie. We will keep her in our prayers. Your sunshine package is adorable. You are always so creative and kind.

Jill said...

I will definitely keep her in my prayers! I saw this on Pinterest too and have been wanting to try it, yours turned out really well.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Blessings,
Jill

{cindy} said...

just perfect kerri!
what a fun and happy pkg to get in the mail.
I will say a prayer for your aunt.
hugs to you!!

 
site design by designer blogs