Monday, March 4, 2013

This Week



*I'm not sure why my header is blurry?  I changed it a few times yesterday and even tried using an old header I used before...but it continues to be blurry.  I've already spent too much time trying to figure it out...so, I'm done.  I also can't figure out how to get my instagram pics onto my blog.  I have an android, which I really like...but, I may need to switch to an iphone just for blogging purposes!  I'm sure there's a way, I'm just not smart enough to figure it all out!    Any suggestions on my header and my android instagram pics would be greatly appreciated!
 
****************

I met my good friend Toni one evening this week for dinner.  That girl and I could talk for hours and hours...and we do!   We both went back to work full time this year after ten years...and we are both tired...this whole working thing is hard trying to keep up.  I love my job...but I'm having trouble keeping up with everyday life.  Not the big things....just little things.  The things that only I really notice.  Anyway...
Toni brought me a little somethin' somethin' for my birthday that was earlier in the month....

such cute things....I love it all!
Thanks Toni!





We got in our van one morning this week for school and the check tire light was on.  I quickly got out to check and the bottom part of the tire was laying on the garage floor!  I am a freak about being on time..and I started to freak out.  Brady quickly got out his bike pump and within 5 minutes had it all pumped up.  He's such a little man sometimes.  It was half flat when we came out after school...but we got it pumped up and then went to the gas station for air...and it's been fine ever since.  Weird.
 
 




Do you like my new Nook case?!   I ordered it from Etsy...and it finally came this week.  It's hard to tell the actual color from my picture...but it's the prettiest shade of orange.  My favorite color. :)
 
 
And, BIG news this weekend.  Brady won his first match ever in a sectional tournament!  He's only played in one other sectional tournament.  It's a much higher level than just playing tournaments in our area.  Brady likes to see where he's at now compared to where he needs to be in the next 2 or 3 years.  There were 32 boys in this tournament from Pennsylavania, New Jersey and Maryland.  You have to have a high ranking to enter and they only take the top 32.  The boy Brady played looked to be 11 or 12..which is usually the case.  I was nervous during the warm up because the other boy was  bigger and stronger and hit the ball really hard.  I was just hoping Brady would go out and play his best...and he did.  He won 6-1, 6-1.    I was so happy for him.  He lost in the second round...but played really well.  My favorite moment of the tournament was watching Brady and his partner Dylan play in the doubles tournament.   The first team to 8 wins.  Brady and Dylan lost 2-8.  Brady was so excited to win those 2 games...and walking off the court afterwards you would have thought Brady and Dylan won.  Brady had fun...and those are the moments that make me so proud of him.
 
 
We only go to school 3 1/2 days this week.  I'm looking forward to the long weekend already!
Eric's first day of the boys season starts tomorrow.  He and Brady will be busy after school everyday with practice.  I'm looking forward to getting some things done around the house this week!
 
Have a great week!
Kerri


7 comments:

jen said...

That boy and his tennis racket. Wow. If I had half that commitment . . .

Cindy said...

First, Happy Belated Birthday!! Love your new Nook case! I have an iPhone but not sure how to get Instagram on my blog either. Although I admit I haven't spent much time on it!!! Enjoy your short week!

{cindy} said...

hey there kerri, happy belated birthday! looks like your day was pretty special. dinner with a girlfriend always tops the list here.:) sweet gifts and so totally YOU!:)
love your case. the girls are thinking of saving their money for a nook. i don't know a thing about them. but a lot of their friends have one.
brady brady brady! pumpin tires AND winning a tournament! what a week for him too.:)
sorry i can't help you on the android question...i know nicolle told me she just emails the pics to her self then downloads them to the computer to save and then uploads them to the blog like any other pic. that's how i do it now too...not sure if that will work for you or not?!?!:) and the blurry header...ugh! i had that happen before and i think it just fixed over time?!?! i was going to try and sit down and finally get a new one...time to let fall go don't ya think?...but maybe now's not the best time!??!:)
have a happy day kerri

PS
remember all the "drama" of those first headers?!?!?!:)

Val said...

Looks like a great week....I hope you have a wonderful Monday!

yaya said...

Happy birthday a bit late! Love the gifts too! Brady did a good job of jumping in to help with the tire. Very grownup! Congrats to him on the tennis matches also. He's really coming along great. I'm sure he'll have many more of those that he'll win all the time. Have a good week!

Kris said...

Way to go Brady!!! Love the orange nook case!
Fun to have a friend like that, we all need that!! Enjoy your short week!!
xo kris

Nicolle said...

I know you guys are so proud of Brady! Congratulations on the win! I love your birthday goodies! Hope you have a good weekend. Forgive me for being behind on commenting. ;)

 
site design by designer blogs