Thursday, August 16, 2012

Today Was A Good Day

 



Brady and I haven't had a lot of good days this summer.  I really hate saying that...but it's true.  I have talked to several friends who also have 9 year olds and they are having some of the same issues-  talking back, negativity, eye rolling and laziness.  In that regard, it's nice to know I'm not alone and that there's probably nothing seriously wrong with my child.  However, it still hurts my heart.  He can be so sweet at times, but those little glimpses of sweetness have been few and far between lately.    I do not tolerate disrespect and so Brady and I have done a lot of head butting this summer.  Oooops, this wasn't the direction I wanted to go in.  I want to keep this positive today!

Today was a really good day.  Brady asked if we could read outside under the tree together.  He was nice and loving.  He wanted to be close.  He rubbed my arm and we talked about what a pretty day it was.  We read our books and snuggled.  
Today was a good day.  Probably my favorite day this summer.




Today I am reminded that we can do all kinds of fun and exciting things...but sometimes the sweetest moments in time are the most simple ones.




8 comments:

Cindy said...

That sounds so nice Kerri! My son can be so sweet, too...key word CAN...lol! Love the pictures!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! I know what you mean about the back talking and attitudes and suck. My 9 year old is going through that as well. It is nice to have those moments that make the bad ones go away.

yaya said...

He's finding out his limits and I think he will realize you mean business! He's a good kid and they change daily! If he's like most boy/men he'll also find out that he'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar!

KM said...

very true, my friend! glad you had a great day :)

jen said...

You mean it was better than listening to my kids fight all day at the Hershey factory? I'm shocked! :)

Kris said...

Oh my gosh...I am crying again! I have been doing so much reminiscing about when my son was young. I have a huge hole in my heart, since he announced he is moving away to Nashville. We are heartsick. Treasure every second, and don't worry too much about him getting lippy. He is so normal! If you had a girl, you would be in for it!! Let me tell you! Girls are WAY harder! Love this post!!!
: ) Kris

Nicolle said...

You know I totally agree with you, the sweetest moments are ALWAYS the most simple moments. I am so glad it was a good day. I'm also glad you kept it real, and didn't paint your summer out to be a fairy tale. Too many times I wonder why my life is not a fairy tale like everyone else's. :))

xo

{cindy} said...

i remember 9!! and i agree!:) but 10 is better so hold on! haha and i love these simple moments too kerri, they really are always the best.
i read a great book called simplicity parenting and he had a great section about our words. we should teach our kids (an ourselves!) to always keep our words, true, kind and necessary. we make a poster of that and hang it in the kitchen when things are really getting bad:) but it really is powerful and pretty simple for kids to get. works for us...most days!:)
have a happy day kerri

 
site design by designer blogs