Thursday, April 19, 2012

There's No Place He'd Rather Be...




















The boys last home match was on Monday.  We had pizza afterwards with the parents and the team.   It's been a windy and chilly season....so we were all pretty excited that it was 85 and sunny.   After pizza, some of the guys stuck around to play tennis and asked Brady to play.  These high school boys have been really good to him.  It melts my heart when I see one of the guys put their arm around him or ask him to sit in the back of the bus with everyone.  I think it helps that he can hold his own out on the tennis court...and they think that is pretty cool.  ( I won't tell you how many guys Brady has challenged to a match and beaten.. you never know who is reading my blog!)







It's been a great 7 weeks for Brady...getting to know these guys and being a part of the team. 
His enthusiasm doesn't go unnoticed.  If you need someone to keep stats, get a ball, help with a drill,  refill water or a hitting partner...he is right there ready to go.  I love that he gets to do something everyday that he loves to do.   Tennis is on his mind from the time he opens his eyes in the morning and until he crawls in bed at night.  I think there's a very thin line between passion and obsession...and as his mom, I work hard to bring balance to his life.  It's not always easy trying to talk him into doing other things...but I do my best! 






13 comments:

Kris said...

What a fantastic experience this has been for Brady! And you are wise to try to encourage that he do other things as well. Balance is a good thing. I bet he can beat just about every one of those boys on the team!!!!
; )

Casey said...

He is so cute!! I bet you have you a little pro tennis player on your hands!! I'm sure he is learning so much and doesn't even realize that its work!! Keep it up!

Cindy said...

How fun for him and how nice that he has found his passion at a young age!! You're a great mom!

Barb said...

What an experience he has had - he is a lucky kid having something that he loves so much.

Joseph has the same checked shorts that Brady is wearing. And I love the picture of him wearing his Dad's tie!

Also, about the grey nail polish. It's only about the 5th time in 41 years that I have polished my nails. That's why I thought it was blog worthy. So I'm no expert either. But it's funny how many people in my life commented on it because they have never before seen it happen!

Happy Thursday to you.

Donna said...

Wow...he's a mini me standing next to his dad, huh?
What a wonderful experience for him! Sounds like he will be an all-star some day in the not too far distant future!!

Nicolle said...

I can totally understand about wanting balance and how crazy tennis must make you at times.... :)) But, I also know that you have an incredible child. He is just amazing. I think it's awesome that the high school boys like to be around him so much too. Love your pictures!

sloan said...

i think it's really so wonderful for our kids to have something to feel passionate about - and brady has certainly found his!! And I just LOVE that the high school boys are so good to him, what a boost that must be for brady - a win-win for everyone!!

yaya said...

It's also great that he can spend time with his Dad too! I hope the season was good, but for Brady it was probably the best learning tool for his future!

Susan R said...

That is so cool. You have to video Brady playing tennis so we can watch his epic tennis styling.
That is going to one very popular boy when he gets to high school. I think it was meant to be that Eric got this job. Couldn't have been better.

Megan said...

How great that those boys are good to him and have taken Brady in. He is such a cool kid and I think his passion for tennis is inspiring.

Jenny said...

How many times can I say, " he is so cute"? Well, he is. I love the one with him eating pizza with the big boys, it won't be long until he is as big as them. ONce big tall hubby and I were out to eat and a swim team of boys came in and got the buffet. We were totally laughing thinking our house will kind of be like that someday... boys with huge mounds on their plates!

I am loving this spring weather, perfect for tennis, don't you think?

Steelers6 said...

That is really sweet, and I gotta tell you I grinned through the whole post. :)

Chrissy

Kim said...

This is just THE BEST! And that second to last picture is so awesome. The lighting and the POV are great! So don't tell me you aren't good enough for Ten on Ten. You have a good eye, my friend! :)

 
site design by designer blogs