Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What's Red and White and Pink All Over?





      Valentine's Day at our house!









As most of you already know...I will find any excuse to celebrate!  What's that quote?  Life is a gift so go ahead and celebrate.....or something like that!   And, being the only female member in this house...it's not too often I can get away with all the pink stuff without any complaints! 



It was a "lovely" day.  Brady got in bed with me early in the morning to wish me a Happy Valentine's Day.  He rubbed my back and told me how much he loves me.  (Not that this is different from any other morning...but he was excited for the day.)  Eric left me a card on the counter that made me cry.  We had a chinese lunch date...Eric told me he and Brady were taking care of dinner.  We had dinner by candlelight that was so good.  They made grilled chicken with cheese and salsa...and Eric made me a sweet potato with this carmel, marshmallow, brown sugar, buttery goodness on top.  Heavenly.


(or maybe he's trying to kill me?!) 





I am loved...I feel it everday.  I certainly don't need all that hype of Valentine's day.  But celebrating, and going out of your way for someone is fun and feels good.  I think my husband does a much better job of doing this for me than I do for him.  I'm going to work on that.  Dr. Phil often says that you should wake up in the morning and say, "what can I do today to make my spouses life better?"  I love that thinking.


~Kerri

21 comments:

Kris said...

Good stuff Kerri!!
PS Do you know that your email is coming to mine with bogus junk mail attached. I just delete. Don't know if you know.
K

Erin Deegan said...

i like that quote from Dr. Phil. That's a good way to think about marriage. Thanks for that :)

Nicolle said...

Loved this. Your desserts look delicious, and those bookmarks out of paint strips are cute. I agree, going out of your way, and celebrating is fun. I don't get all crazy on Valentine's day, but I think it's a special day anyway. AND, I love Dr. Phil!

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

I like the Dr.Phil quote. A good one to put up on our bedroom wall : ) Looks like it was a very special day. I've never heard of potatoes done like that. Oh my.
Dana

Cindy said...

Sounds so nice...you are lucky to have your two boys! My son is more sensitive to "me" than my girls... Are you thinking of something like, Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift...that's why we call it the present. I like that one! :)

yaya said...

Your men know the way to your heart! You are a lucky woman but then I bet they feel lucky to have you. Sounds like a fun day was had by all!

Holly said...

Your husband is a keeper... as if you didn't already know that.

And, your creativity never ceases to amaze me.
I know the other moms just have to offer you money to take care of their treats at this point.
You can't be out-done!!

sloan said...

wow, kerri, you are most definitely surrounded by a whole lot of love in your house ... what a day!! loved it :)

Heather said...

Your cookies look cute AND delicious. I love that you did chocolate instead of standard sugar cookie. Love the bookmarks too. That's a great Dr. Phil quote. I need to remember that one for sure.

Jill said...

So sweet! :-)

Karina said...

What a great collection of your happy day. I keep wondering if the home improvement stores are soon going to start charging for paint chips with all the projects I see made from them. Love the paint chip valentine bookmarks. So cute. Thinking an bout baking up a sweet potato for myself right now after seeing that glorious creation your boys made you. YUm!

{cindy} said...

Hi Kerri!!
Missed you friend! Trying to get it all together over here...not sure where my block to blog is coming from, but for now i'm ridinig it out and waiting for the motivation to return!!:)
Love all the pink going on in that collage! We made sugar cookies, but goodness why oh why didn't we make our chocolate ones???:) Brillant and they looked so pretty with the frosting.
I love that thinking from Dr Phil...perfect words to live by!:)
have a happy day kerri

Jenny said...

You are loved in blog land too! What sweet boys you have. I think I say that everyday, so they must really be sweet. I am curious about those bookmarks... you know me the paper craft queen. And good thing that sweet tater wasn't at my house! I'd be lovin and hatin it at the same time.

Bring Pretty Back said...

Oh Kerri , what a great post ! Yes , you are loved. That sweet potato proved it!
heehee!
I always love your holiday ideas!!!!
Have a pretty day!
kristin

Susan R said...

I knew you would come up with some pretty cool stuff.

Jenny said...

I added the donut recipe to my Wednesday post for you babe. Have a good night.

Melanie said...

sweet potatoes = MY FAVE.

Val said...

What a wonderful Valentine's Day. I love how you made everything look special.

CB said...

You are definately loved and treated like a Queen by your men!

I agree, totally do not need the hype of Valentines Day but it is fun to show love!

That sweet potato looks divine!

Kim said...

Those cookies look SOOOO good! Wish I had one right now. I'm scavenging around my cupboards for something sweet and the mini Reese's are NOT what I want. I want a cookie!!!

Those bookmarks are adorable! Did the paint names have to do with love? Oh boy...I don't need anymore paint ideas, though. ;)

You are right. I feel loved and try to make my family feel loved every day, but man, I do love V-day to go all out!

KM said...

Glad you had a lovely day - you deserve it - you are so sweet!! :)

 
site design by designer blogs