Friday, February 3, 2012

Flashback Friday and Thoughts




*We had a fundraiser Monday evening at McDonald's for Brady's school.  It's called
McTeacher Night...have you ever heard of it?  I guess McDonalds has done this for years.
The teachers worked behind the counter from 5-8pm and 10% of all the sales during that
time went to the school.  We had such a great turnout and what a fun evening for the kids.
My kind of fundraiser for sure!

* I haven't been taking many pictures lately.  I'm frustrated with myself camera!

*  I just started playing Words With Friends (I know I'm a little late) on my phone.
I can see this becoming a problem for me!

*  I'm only excited for the Super Bowl because of the snacks...I'm not even sure I could
tell you both the teams who are playing on Sunday.

*  My husband and son sure know how to make me feel special.  They get so excited for
my birthday.  Eric took the day off from work and we went shopping and out to lunch.  I'm so
lucky that Eric likes to shop.  We laugh a lot when we're out together.  We had buffolo chicken
pizza for dinner and they made me my favorite pineapple cake.  It's the best cake ever.
They also got me a People magazine, licorice, champagne and a month of tanning.  They know
me so well!  They both always make me cards too.  In 15 1/2 years I've never gotten a store card
from my husband...and I hope I never do.  I have a feeling Brady will do the same thing for his wife
someday.  One of the things Brady said in his card is that when he looks at me, his heart smiles.  I have a
special box that I keep my cards in from them. 





*Yesterday I went to a spin class.  It's the first time I've been to the gym in months.  It was a great class...
my friend that teaches it played all 80's music to her routine...which made it more tolerable FUN!  And then,
after class, I came home and had some birthday cake and licorice for lunch.  Ugh!  So frustrating.  I don't know why I sabotage myself like that?!

*  I bought a really cool pair of boots the other day that were originally $129.00...and I got them on sale
for $17.00.  There are so many good sales at the mall this time of the year. 

*  I quizzed Brady this morning on his spelling words like I do every Friday morning.  He amazes me.  He looks at those spelling words one time and knows them.  Words like neighborhood and acquire.  And he doesn't forget them either from week to week.  Same thing with time tables.  It took me all of 3rd grade to memorize those things!  Not him.  He just knows them.  Now, if we could just work on that handwriting of his.  Yikes!

*  Brady is playing in a big tennis tournament this weekend.  They have done away with 8 and under and 10 and under tennis tournaments...so he plays in the 12 and under.  Last night Eric was online looking at this tennis recruting website (for his high school players) and saw Brady's name on there!  How crazy is that?!  How did it get on there?!  I guess because he plays in the USTA tournaments everyone has access to such information.  Just a little weird to see our son's name on there!  Craziness!







17 comments:

Gabe said...

Love, love clearance time!!

Super Bowl snacks are the best!!

Have a great weekend!

Jen said...

Sweet pics!
Crazy about the college recruits. Same in volleyball. Seems it's never too early.
We are happy about the Superbowl for the friends, snacks and fun commercials this year. Enjoy your weekend!

Jenny said...

Love those pictures, love clearance items, love super bowl snacks, I don't know who is playing either so oh well.

Glad you made it to spin, I am dying to go soon.

Bridget said...

I'm excited about the Superbowl, too...because I'm making the most awesome cheese dip and pizza and cookies. ahem...I don't know what teams are playing, either. Now, should I google and find out, or be surprised on Sunday? :-0

Have a great weekend!!!

KM said...

How cool to see his name on the list! I wish I could MAKE myself not buy a single thing until after Christmas.
Happy Friday!

Cindy said...

Fun post!! Happy Birthday -- sounds like you were deservedly spoiled by your boys! TGIF!!

Val said...

Yeah....GO PATRIOTS! I always have to root for my home team.

sloan said...

omg, i loooooove brady's #12 pats jersey - woot woot!! we are all very excited up here in beantown, looking forward to this super bowl rematch for sure ... we're all going to a big party and i'm bringing YOUR buffalo chicken dip that i copied long ago - double woot woot!!! goooo pats!!

Holly said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I think I just fell in love with your husband a bit over the home made cards. Lance has made me 2, in the past 10 years and I cherish them both!!

I love sales!!! (I never pay full price for anything!)

I didn't even realize it was super bowl weekend until you posted that... I assume that means we have no plans?! ;)

Erin Deegan said...

wow... that's great for brady. good luck at his tournament this weekend!

Lorri said...

Love his little cheeks!!!!!

yaya said...

Such sweet pics of Brady! He has the pinchable cheeks that make old Aunties go crazy! Happy Birthday to you and I'm glad you found a good buy. Have fun eating all those snacks this weekend!

Heather said...

Happy, happy birthday! It sounds like it was a great one and what a SWEET hubby you have to make you homemade cards. That melts my heart.

McTeacher night is a lot of fun. A few years ago we did it at my school and all my students were so excited to see me there. Fun!

Kim said...

You have the two best men over there. No doubt.

OK...what's up with the not wanting to take pix? Just a phase?

Let's play words with friends. I need to ask BB how to download it, but she plays with MY friends so it's time I started too.

And, oh yeah. The Super Bowl is all about the cheese dip for me. No doubt about it.

Nicolle said...

I'm making your buffalo dip for the Super Bowl tonight. I can't wait. Brady looks so sweet in those older pictures. What a doll! I'm glad you had such a good birthday. I think homemade cards are the best. I also save all of my cards from Boyd in a special place. They will always be dear to me.

Have fun watching the game tonight. I laughed b/c I knew the Patriots were playing, but I just had to look up the other team. :)

Kris said...

Brady is so cute!

Jill said...

These pictures are so adorable!

Good for you trying out a spin class and I bet it was awesome with 80's music!

I'm having a giveaway if you get a chance stop by and check it out!

Blessings,
Jill

 
site design by designer blogs