Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Three Day Diet



As I mentioned on Monday, I've been allowing myself too
many indulgences lately.

Sorry about the bad picure...darn camera!  I just wanted you to see my face...
it's so chubby right now, I look like I swallowed myself!



Many of you asked about the 3 day diet I was on...so, I asked
my friend Angie if I could share it with everyone and she said YES!



************
First, a few things I want to say about this diet:
1.  Very few calories.
2. It's only meant to be on for 3 days.
3. Make sure you are off the diet for 2 days before going back on it.
4.  The combination of the foods are important, so don't mix things up or change the days/food.



Day One

{Breakfast}
1 cup black coffee or tea
1/2 grapefruit or 1/2 cup fresh squeezed juice
1 slice toast
1 teaspoon peanut butter

{Lunch}
1/2 cup plain tuna
1 slice toast
1 cup black coffee or tea

{Dinner}
2 slices any kind of meat  (3oz.)
1 cup green beans
1 cup carrots or beets
1 small apple
1 cup vanilla ice cream


Day 2

{Breakfast}
1 cup black coffee or tea
1 hard boiled egg
1 slice toast
1/2 banana

{Lunch}
1 cup cottage cheese or 1/2 cup plain tuna
8 saltine crackers

{Dinner}
2 beef hot dogs (no bun)
1 cup broccoli or cabbage
1 cup carrots or turnips
1/2 banana
1/2 cup vanilla ice cream


Day 3

{Breakfast}
1 cup black coffee or tea
5 saltine crackers
1 slice cheddar cheese (1 oz.)
1 small apple

{Lunch}
1 hard boiled egg
1 slice toast
1 cup black coffee or tea

{Dinner}
1 cup plain tuna
1 cup carrots or beets
1 cup cauliflower
1 cup canteloupe
1/2 cup vanilla ice cream






* Do not vary or subsitute any of the foods
*salt & pepper may be used but no other seasonings.
*Vegetables may be eaten raw or cooked.
*Water, cofee, tea, diet cola, and sugar free drinks may be used anytime during the three days.
*Sauces, dressings & spices may contain additives and sugars that will affect the efficiency of this diet.  Use with caution.
( I used artificial sweetener for my grapefruit and hot tea...I just couldn't do it without.)


When Angie sent me this diet, I wasn't sure I could make it the entire three days....most of you know I'm about the quantity...and this didn't seem like much!  But, I was feeling pretty down about the way I was feeling and needed a jump start to kick all the sugar I was consuming.  So, I was going to give it the "old college try!"  Ha ha...get it, Angie's my roommate from college!  Anyway, back on track.  Where was I?  Oh yea, I started on Saturday and finished on Monday.  I was not hungry all day on Saturday and Sunday.  I'm not sure if it was because of the combination of food I was eating, or if it was due to the fact that I was feeling really good.  On Monday I was hungry between lunch and dinner and had the carrots that were suppossed to be for dinner a little early.  I only exercised once, and that was for 45 minutes on Monday.  That could be why I was extra hungry that day!


I LOST 5.8 lbs in those 3 days!!

That's huge for me.  I typically don't lose on diets until a good
week and a half to two weeks in.  That's just how my body works.

I like the fact that its 3 days.  I think we can be determined to do anything we set our minds to doing for three days.


I you try it out, I'd love to hear what you thought and how it worked for you!

~Kerri


13 comments:

Kris said...

Kerri, you are adorable, and do not look chubby in the least to me!! I could NOT do that diet, but more power to you for having done it. AND lost the weight! Good for you. I sure need to get on the ball and lose some weight! I just can't seem to get motivated to do it.
Good for you!

Jenny said...

I don't think you look chubby at ALL! I think you look great but if you feel better then go for it. I am really trying to watch my portions and monitor if I am truly hungry since working out is taking a back seat to my hectic life right now. I hope this is the jump start you need. Good luck.

Megan said...

Wow! I love that you shared this and that it seems reasonable! What amazing results! Are you going to try it again?

p.s. But I agree with Kris and Jenny, you are so not chubby! But I understand how it feels to need to be in control again! Great job!

Karen said...

Wow Kerri. Good for you! I don't know if I could do it...even for just 3 days. But 5.8 pounds?! You can't argue with results! Oh and I agree with everyone that you do not look chubby AT ALL. You look awesome!

{cindy} said...

Ok...I agree too!!:) Chubby? Forget about it!
More power to you. Glad it is working and that you feel good!
have a happy day kerri

Jill said...

I think you already look great! :-)
That's a big weight loss in a short time, just be sure to switch to healthy regular eating along with protein and 6 small meals a day. :-) Have a great week!

Blessings,
Jill

CB said...

First of all I think you look great - not chubby at all!
Looks like a pretty good 3 day diet - it sure would do the job of a jump start!
I have to admit that I decided not to eat right (even though I need to after my diagnosis) until after the holidays - it is just pointless. Iknow I know I am bad!
I definately will try this though to get the jump start.

sloan said...

i'm with everyone else - you so do NOT have a chubby face!! but i say yes yes yes to the 3-day diet!! I'm so excited that you shared it, thank you thank you thank you ... my body got TRASHED by an overage of sugar throughout October and I'm looking to get back on track!!

Nicolle said...

You look super cute in that picture. Way to go on the weight loss! :)

yaya said...

Congrats on the weight loss and sticking to this plan for the 3 days. I think you look great, but everyone has to feel their own "best". You'll be there quick with that much weight loss in a weekend..the typical time I usually gain weight! I'm going to look this over and see if I can do it..I'll let you know!

Kim said...

You do NOT look chubby! And what willpower! I don't know if I could do it. As soon as I try to "diet" I suddenly want EVERYTHING I see. I could use the jumpstart though. I've taken a high dive into the sugar barrel these last few weeks too. ugh!

I'm interested to hear if the weight stays off. Keep us posted.

Holly said...

WHAT?!?! You do NOT look chubby... you look cute and athletic!!
--I have never been athletic, I'm jealous!
Way to go though, I know it feels good to accomplish that!

KM said...

You look great! Seriously!
I did a variation of this diet years ago - I forgot about it! I may have to try it to get back on track, too!

 
site design by designer blogs