Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

I'm sad to see this four day weekend end.  I love when we don't have tons of plans and can just hangout with each other.    Eric was off all day Friday for our anniversary.  We went to Panera for lunch and did a little shopping.  After school, we took Brady to his tennis lesson and then to Grandma and Grandpa's house to spend the night.  Eric and I found this Italian restaurant that we had never been to before and were able to sit outside...the weather was perfect.   I love our son...but sometimes it's so nice to enjoy a meal with my husband all alone.   I feel so much more relaxed when I'm not in parenting mode.  Anyway, it was a great weekend.   On Memorial Day, it was just the three of us, a simple day, just the way we like it! 




























I hope all of you had a wonderful holiday weekend!




11 comments:

Kris said...

What cute pictures of your son! It must be getting hot where you live to be able to sit in front of the sprinkler that way. I thought it was 4th of July instead of Memorial Day!! Glad you had a nice relaxing weekend!

CB said...

I can't believe you had such nice weather that Brady could get wet in the sprinkler - Awesome!!
I'm so happy you had a nice relaxing weekend and were able to enjoy your anniversary and family time. To me, that's what it is all about!

Donna said...

I'm sad to see it end too! Looks like yours was idyllic!

Jen said...

Those steaks loook so much better than our hot dogs. Yay for sprinkler season. Glad you had a great holiday weekend!

Lorri said...

That sounds like a perfect weekend to me! Love the wine lass in the food picture. Polka dots make me smile!

Nicolle said...

Hi Kerri! Looks like a wonderful holiday at your house. My mouth was watering at those desserts! YUM. Your weather looks perfect and I love your back yard. Oh, I love fresh corn on the cob, so very much. We would have totally crashed your party! :))

Susan R said...

Man y'all know how to do a party the right way. That food looks fabulous.
Funny thing about going out alone...whenever my husband and I go out alone together (you can imagine how often that is) we always end up talking about the kids. By the time we get into a comfortable "just the two of us" mode, it's time to go home.

Jenny said...

Sounds lovely. Glad you had some couple time! :) Don't you just love summer food, especially corn on the cobb? Yummo!

Bridget said...

Looks like a wonderful weekend!!

sloan said...

perfect memorial day weekend if you ask me!! that corn looks delicious!!

Kim said...

ahhh! A date night. I need one of those.

Those desserts look divine!! I wish someone would bring me one of those right. this. minute.

 
site design by designer blogs