Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Wow, Thanks!




I was given this blog award yesterday by For Real This Time!



Thanks so much!  It's so fun to pass around blog love to others!
I still find it crazy that a handful of people actually read my blog.
I enjoy it, because I'm writing about my life, family, thoughts, etc.
But, I'm not really sure why other people would read it?!  I'm not
a writer...and so much of my blog consists of too many
photos of my son!  Well, whatever the reason is you're here....
starting this blog has been a great pleasure in my life and I love
all your comments and reading everyone else's blogs!  I have met
some really wonderful women out there in blog land!


The rules for this award are as follows:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 newly discovered blogs.
4. Let your nominees know about their award.



Seven things about me:

1. I've never tried egg salad, ever!
    I often make if for my husband, but I've never tried it...looks so gross!

2.  I'm fluent in American Sign Language.

3.  I drink an embarrassing amount of Diet Mt. Dew everyday....and not enough water.
     I'm very aware of this issue and working on it!

4.  I had the record for the most career 3 pointers (basketball) at my highschool.
     The record only lasted two years after I graduated before someone broke it...but still...it was mine
     for a short time!

5.  I have no idea if I am right handed or left handed.  Everything is pretty equal with both.
     I can think of two prefernces...I like brushing my teeth w/ my left and using scissors w/ my right!

6.  It is my goal to try one NEW recipe every week and have done so for the last 10 years.

7.  I've always thought Queen Latifah and I could be good friends.
     Don't ask me why...it's just a feeling...



I'd like to pass this award on to the following blogs:
Thought I would pick some NEW blogs!



















10 comments:

Stef said...

Ahh, thanks! I am with you...just glad someone can enjoy the musings of my life. And I think it is hilarious that you ran into a truck signing...only because I can't tell you how many times we have "almost" done the same thing.
Ha

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I think it's great that you can use both hands equally well.

Bette said...

Thanks for the award! And thanks for stopping by. I think it would be cool to be friends with Queen Latifah. :)

{cindy} said...

Congrats on your award!!!:)
Being able to use both hands is very interesting to me...never knew anyone who could do that before! And Queen Latifah is quite cool.:)
Enjoy the day

Jess said...

thank you!!!! my first award!!!! i think your list is so interesting!!! i agree, egg salad does look gross!!! and i was an addict of Mt. Dew in college!!

Steph @ Professors_Wife said...

THANK YOU for the Award, Kerri! I love reading your blog because you're always into restoring a piece of old furniture, or some other project that I just love. Also, reading about families is so interesting to me, because while i'm married, i don't have any children yet - it gives me insight as to what being a mom is like! I love learning about and meeting new people :) Have a great day!

Jen said...

Okay! You MUST post a Kerri's New Recipe series with your trial recipes! Please do it!
That would be so helpful for those of us who eat the same thing every two weeks!
Basketball, huh? awesome!
Loved learning these things!

Congrats on your award! I'll be checking the recipients!

sloan said...

Kerri, this is so great ... I love that you thought of me, THANK YOU!! I'll have to get the wheels in my head turning, 7 interesting things about myself might be a stretch ;-) ... seriously, though, thank you and i'm looking forward to paying this one forward!

Gabe said...

I think Jen is right. . .would love to see your thoughts on some of the new recipes you have tried and liked. . .

thanks for the award!

jen said...

I'm jealous of your ambidexterity. Truly unusual.
And I would love recipe ideas. My goal this summer was to try new things. Think I've tried one. I need some help here!

 
site design by designer blogs