Monday, July 19, 2010

Our Favorite Summer Pizza











 





 
I usually buy this crust...but the store was out.  Any pizza crust you like will do.  The only thing I wouldn't compromise on is the Ken's Lite Caesar dressing..it's really good.







Spoon just enough dressing onto the crust to coat it.
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Add chopped chicken.  I dice it small to get two
pizzas worth out of one box ( yes, I'm cheap!)  The Italian
style chicken gives this pizza a great taste too.  You can
pop this pizza in the oven at 400 degrees until the crust is cooked
and cheese has melted....or cook it right on the grill.


When the pizza comes off the grill, we top it with
shredded lettuce, tomotoes, and spring onions.



To finish it off, I like to drizzle more dressing
over the top and sprinkle a little more parmesan cheese.


We had this pizza and corn on the cob the other evening for dinner!
The warm crust mixed with the fresh veggies on top is really
a perfect summer meal.  We love it!

I hope you try it!





12 comments:

Nicolle said...

Hey there, I'm glad you are making the pickles. I revised the recipe. It's on my June 22nd post. You may have seen it, but just wanted to make sure. We LOVE them!

I am for sure making this pizza. It looks so good! I'm glad you shared the recipe!

{cindy} said...

That pizza does look awesome!
We are BIG pizza eaters here.
Dave is always trying some new way to make his homemade pizza even better. I will be sure to pass on this variation.
Enjoy the day

Did you figure out how to make your collages bigger? You can enlarge the picture to ex-large right after you import it into your post. I also noticed that when I make a collage in picasa that is the "grid" type as opposed to the "mosaic" type they look smaller. Does that make sense???:)

Gabe said...

what a nice break from regular pizza. . .we eat a lot of pizza around here. .. can't wait to try this.

Karen said...

Ooooh. Yummy, yummy! I will have to try this. I'm looking for all different kinds of pizza to try. The discount grocery we go to had a case of refrigerated pizza dough on sale for 2.99. So now I've got a lot of pizza dough to use up.

sloan said...

pure genius, kerri! it sounds so good, i'm adding all ingredients to my grocery list asap ... thanks for the tip!

Jenny said...

Yummo all the way Kerri. I love this idea. Bobolis are so delish. Thanks for sharing. I'll try it next time I go to the grocery.

Bridget said...

Sounds yummy!!

corners of my life said...

This looks delicious and since I am having company tomorrow I now have a dinner plan - Thanks!

Jen said...

Pizza and salad at the same time.
I love Ceasar anything. Yum!
And I totally love Short Cuts Chicken.
Never tried cooking pizza on the grill!
Sounds like a good experiment to try!!!

Bring Pretty Back said...

Caesar salad is my sister in laws favorite! I am going to make this for her birthday this year! She will love it! It's like "summer" on a pizza!

:Deliciously Healthy said...

MMM! That looks so good!

Stephanie said...

That looks delicious! I can't wait to try it! :) It's so nice to meet you and I can't wait to check out the rest of your blog. Thanks for stopping over at my blog. :)

 
site design by designer blogs