Monday, May 24, 2010

A Sad Farewell....




 It has been so nice knowing you!

I guess I have been in denial since these Caramel Frappe's showed up at McDonalds.  I've been going through the drive through two or three times a week (usually after I leave the gym) to get a small one.  I knew they tasted too good to be low calorie/low fat....but I continued to get them anyway...pretending what I didn't know wouldn't hurt me. Until the other day, as I was picking up my drink ( I ordered a small but they gave me a medium, oh yea!), I asked the nice lady at the window if she knew how many calories were in one. She kindly handed me a sheet of paper with all the information on it. Oh my word!  No wonder my capris have been feeling a bit tight!  A medium Caramel Frappe' has 550 calories in it and 24 grams of fat!  I could have had a Big Mac for a few less calories!   I'm sure anyone with any control would have tossed their drink right out the window....but not me.  I drank it knowing it would be my last one....and enjoyed every last drop of it!



8 comments:

Jen said...

Well, at least you were able to enjoy that one!
Plus...if you let it be your once in a long while treat...then you won't feel so deprived.
Maybe.
How was the bake sale?
Have a great week!
:) Jen

Karen said...

Kerri, I tend to jump to conclusions and when I saw your title I was worried that you were giving up blogging. Whew! I'm glad that's not the case. I will also say that I prefer the blssful ignorance of not knowing how many calories are in things. I'm pretty sure I consume an obscene amount.

jen said...

I've seen your comments on a few blogs, so I thought I'd stop by. I'm glad I did. Just the kind of place I like to visit.
I'll be back.
(And I won't bring you any refreshments from McD's when I come. Just to help you out!)

Barb Scott said...

Sorry about your discovery:( Don't you know your not supposed to ask such things, do you think I asked about that creme stick before I ate it?

Bring Pretty Back said...

Mercy! why oh why do the best things have to be bad for us!? I would have enjoyed every drop too! but , good for you!

Stef said...

Those forbidden, hidden calories. Why can't they be in yucky food...the kind that tastes really gross...like...ummm....okay, so I really like food.
And I think it is awesome that you finished it off. You don't want to waste a good thing...yet!

Kim said...

hehe...love it! I've always been afraid of drinks like that for that reason. I prefer to gorge on the Big Macs and pretend they're not packed with calories. Yes, ignorance is bliss. :)

paige said...

I hate making discoveries like that. It's like losing a good friend. Krispy Kreme I'm talking to you.

 
site design by designer blogs